Made for holiday hosting. A little tart, bitter, and perfectly rich.
- 1.5 oz cranberry syrup (recipe below)
- 2.5 oz Kentucky 74 Bourbon
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 2 oz cranberry juice
- 2 droppers of All The Bitter Orange Bitters
- .5 oz aquafaba
- 1 blood orange or regular orange slices
- In a cocktail shaker, combine 2-3 tablespoons cranberry syrup, the bourbon, lemon juice, cranberry juice, and orange bitters.
- Add ice and shake.
- Strain into a glass.
Garnish with an orange slice and candied rosemary (recipe below), if desired.
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- zest 1 large orange
- In a medium pot, bring 1/2 cup water, the maple syrup, and cranberries to a boil over high heat.
- Boil for 5 minutes or until the cranberries begin to burst, then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the orange zest and let cool.
- If desired, strain out the cranberries. This syrup makes enough for about 6 drinks.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Gently run rosemary sprigs under a little water to dampen and place on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the rosemary with granulated sugar on all sides, making sure the rosemary is thoroughly coated in sugar. Allow to dry on the baking sheet for 1 hour. The rosemary can be made 1 day in advance and stored at room temperature.