The Bonus Down is the perfect cocktail refreshment for a hot day by the pool or a backyard BBQ. Its combination of intense citrus and light, bright herbal spritziness will make your lips smack.
Recipe by Iain Griffiths, founder of Trash Tiki, Dandelyan, and Supernova Ballroom. The drink is named for his childhood home and dedicated to his mom.
- 1.5 oz Eva's Spritz
- 0.75 oz honey cucumber*
- 0.75 oz lime grapefruit (50/50 mix of fresh lime & grapefruit juice)
- 2/3 c cucumber slices & ends
- 1/3 c honey
- 1/3 c coconut sugar
- 1/3 c water (room temperature or chilled)
- 2 pinches of salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender & blitz on high for 30 seconds. Strain through a coffee filter & store in your fridge.
- Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice
- Shake & strain over ice into a small rocks glass
- Garnish with a fresh lime wheel