Tamarind has a unique, tart and mouth-puckering flavor that’s hard to describe and easy to crave. Originally from Africa, tamarind made its way to Asia and later Latin America by Spanish trading boats. Today, it's used in many Mexican candies and recipes. Our founder loves this margarita as it reminds her of her favorite childhood treats.
- 2 oz Spiritless Jalisco 55 Tequila
- .25 oz tamarind concentrate (or .5 oz tamarind paste)
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- .5 oz agave syrup
- Tajin for rim
- Lime wheel for garnish
- Place Tajin in a dish
- Wet the rim of your glass into the hot salsa and then dip it into the chili powder. Set aside.
- Place crushed ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour in tequila, tamarind concentrate, lime juice, and syrup.
- Shake until everything is combined.
- Pour into prepared glass.